in General September 14, 2020
Purpose of the Role:
Overall responsibility for the management and development of Hyspec Engineering Ltd including P&L and liaison with local council and government departments. Ensure production, sales and support departments work as a team to enhance Sales, cooperation and information flow and so optimize value chain. This includes liaising with Finance and administration on timely production of documentation, attending interdepartmental meetings, working in close liaison with HR Manager and other Department Heads for effective and auditable training of the work force. Also, the incumbent must supervise the support teams to ensure that the HSE and Company values are adhered to. Reporting on a regular basis to corporate offices based in Oman. Presentation on a Bi annual basis to the Board of Directors in Oman or elsewhere as required. International travel will be required on a periodic basis. A proven track record and strong focus on business development is a must to satisfy the needs of the business.
Duties will include:
1. Business development
• Develop company business development strategy
• Implement robust method of analysing opportunities and prospect development
• Competitor analysis and market awareness and development of strategy
• Closure procedures including Risk Register and Mitigation plan
2. Financial management
• Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies
• Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit
• Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company
• Provide vision and leader ship in long range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company
• Ensure achievement of budget
• Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long- and short-term debt, including refinancing and purchasing/sales
3. Project management• Apply Hyspec and UES project management methodologies and processes
• Ensure all projects are transitioned from Sales to Operations with full details of contractual
obligations,specification,deliverables and signed off budget and margins.
• Manage each project with regular audited design plans and reviews, customer sign-offs, design freeze, bills of material, build programme plans and commissioning plans noting all customer interfaces on the Project Plan
• Monthly or as contracted project reviews to UES and customer ensuring customer sign offs as required
4. Planning administration
• Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long - range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans
• Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short-term goals
5. HR management
• Recruitment and contracting of company and project staff
• Employee development, and training
• Policy development and documentation
• Performance management and improvement systems
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
• Company-wide committee facilitation including planning, production, staff and
• Board of Directors, including arranging meetings and agendas, attending and recording meetings
• Ensure accurate documentation of production and quality control data and records.
• Direct and oversee site production activities and personnel.
• Oversee and ensure high safety standards at all times.
• Direct production activities to ensure safety and compliance with quality control standards, regulatory compliance,and lease agreements.
• Oversee and/or ensure good housekeeping at site at all times.
7. Administrative management
• Ensure client and vendor file integrity (documents, analytical information where required, communication notations,etc.).
• Maintain general oversight and ensure accuracy of
• Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
• Responsible for performance appraisal/review and training of direct reports.• Treating HSE safety as number one priority at all times, participate in STOP program. Also responsible for department ISO conformance at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Business Administration, or in Mechanical Engineer.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in business management, planning and financial oversight.
• A minimum of three years of experience working with a board of directors and committees.
• Proven skills in business management.Work Experience:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team.
• Effective problem - solving and mediation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
• Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.• Demonstrated ability to multi - task and work in a fast - paced market.
You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
If you are interested in this vacancy and believe you have the skills, we are looking for them please note your interest to Julie Johnston.
Closing Date for Applications 1 October 2020