in Careers May 2, 2019
Due to business expansion, Hyspec are looking for an individual for the above position.
Purpose of the role:
To provide estimations for all customer RFQ’s (Request for quotations) by understanding the in-house capacities and capabilities.
Duties will include:
- Prioritising RFQ’s based on bid submission date and importance.
- Determine enquiry viability.
- Identifying the necessity to go out for raw materials/fast tracking the enquiry.
- Enquiring the raw material and other sub contract processes through MRP system.
- Understand specifications/BOM/DBI’s of different customers.
- Estimating the number of hours required to complete the job.
- Costing of a quotation, purchase order or rework job.
- Analysing the capacity graphs and giving the possible accurate lead times to the customer.
- Prepare Job costing with relevant calculations.
- Contact customer for all the clarifications regarding drawing changes/rev changes/any clarifications required at the quotation stage.
- Liaise with Sales Manager to mark required quotations as must chase and do the necessary to win the order.
- Liaise with Sales Manager to check the financial feasibility of the order and to check the delivery feasibility for critical enquiries.
- Meeting the Quotation deadline for all the enquiries made and assisting Sales Manager on technical enquiries raised by customers.
- Calling customers and chasing all the “Must Chase” enquiries and updating the system with the relevant information.
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.Requirements:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Sales Experience preferred
- Sounds knowledge of machine tools, types and functionality, eg 5-axis machines etc, understanding of material specifications, customer procedures, BOM’s and quality plans.
- Good communication skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Customer service skills
- E mail Etiquette
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Team Player
- Smart and Professional
If you are interested in this vacancy and believe you have the skills we are looking for them please note your interest to Chloe Kenmore, HR.